Hello Cruel World
Friday, August 04, 2006
 
Other Germanic news, but sadder
Someone who isn't Dan Brown demonstrates the most common use of 'Renowned' at the start of a sentence (and, indeed, a paragraph, or even a whole story).
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5243582.stm
Renowned German soprano Dame Elisabeth Schwarzkopf has died at her home in Austria at the age of 90.
BBC Video Obituary (approx 1 minute)

Video Obituary (I think?)

I hope this means we get a few good full-length arias played over the next few days/weeks, but I suspect there'll just be snippets. She was very a good singer.

Digital Domesday
From parchment to pixels as book hits web
news.bbc.co.uk/ nolavconsole/ ifs_news/ hi/ newsid_5240000/ newsid_5244300/ nb_wm_5244332.stm
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.