Hello Cruel World
Monday, July 19, 2004
 
Hiatus; not Haiti, nor Hawaii - Burbling
Winter's bit. Snow over large chunks of New South Wales. Cold winds & rain here.

Did get, with MWS's help, a bunch done at Chris' place, but had a terrible abdominal muscular spasm after we got back to my place, so that I had to take a painkiller & prop myself up in the corner — they get worse if I lie down. Fell asleep (still upright) after the painkiller cut in, so didn't help M cut down the stuff in the yard.

Tonight there was a blackout for a couple of hours over our whole suburb, streetlights 'n' all. Was able to heat soup on the gas stove, use torches, lamps & a glass-enclosed candle for light so we could find our way about & rugs to keep mother wrapped up & warm. Took risk to put computer on to catch up on email & suchlike that I'd been too busy on weekend to check.

Lots of things to say & think, but no energy at the moment to put them down. Hovering on the cusp of tears several times yesterday & today, but not going down quite as much as before. A couple of weeks away from Chris' birthday.

Work tomorrow & wrapping mother up warmly to go out to her day centre. Sounds like fun.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.