Hello Cruel World
Saturday, April 24, 2004
 
This was headed: "Satire is Dead"
www.antipope.org/charlie/blosxom.cgi/2004/Apr/21#writing-69
No matter how weird I try to make my fiction, I can never quite come up with anything as bizarre as the real world, though. I mean, assuming this report in Strategypage ( www.strategypage.com/ ) is actually not an April Fool's Day piece that came out a couple of weeks too late:
www.strategypage.com/messageboards/messages/478-638.asp
(Extract from the Dirty Little Secrets section, on April 18th, 2004)
In order to comply with EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) regulations, and at a cost of about $5.2 million per ICBM, the rocket motors on 500 Minuteman III missiles will be replaced with new ones. These rockets will emit less toxic chemicals when used. ... Thus, if the Minuteman III ICBMs have to be used in some future nuclear war, their rocket motors will not pollute the atmosphere. EPA regulations do not apply in foreign countries, so no changes are being made to reduce the harmful environmental effects of the nuclear warheads.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.