Hello Cruel World
Tuesday, April 20, 2004
 
Rewriting history yet again
John & Belle Have a Blog
examinedlife.typepad.com/johnbelle/

April 19, 2004
examinedlife.typepad.com/johnbelle/2004/04/mephistopheles_.html
I see that one W. Folsom has written a book entitled The Myth of the Robber Barons (scroll down the Amazon page for some good reviews and a humorously instructive list of what customers who bought this book also purchased www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0963020315/103-9488332-0417417?v=glance). Well, as a direct descendant of the most bastardly of all the robber barons, Jay Gould, I'm not taking this lying down. I'll have you know that he fully deserved his monicker "The Mephistopheles of Wall Street", not to mention the evocative nickname "Robber of Widows and Children." Let's just look at some of the highlights of his career ...
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.