Hello Cruel World
Wednesday, March 17, 2004
 
Limerick Competition, James O'Loghlin's ABC 702 Sydney (2BL) evening program.
The subject was "Something you have that you don't want", with the 'bonus' word "cake".

    Three houses, two cars and a hole -
    One in my body and one in my soul -
        Organising a wake,
        Not a wedding cake,
    These were neither my hopes nor my goal.

Several other people poetized about unwanted weight, one went all postmodernly self-referential and used the subject of the subject. There were some lovely ones, and as usual a couple that didn't fit the 'limerick' form. Someday I'll get my fancy radio-tape-CD unit to have good radio reception so I can tape these. Also, as often, I don't think my absolute favourite won. Oh well.

Could do it this week because I'd been home sick (possibly overdid at the gym on Monday, nasty diaphram seizure). Spent most of the day out on the floor, on top of a couple of cushions and a sheepfleece car seat cover rescued from last council cleanup in good condition.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.