Hello Cruel World
Friday, January 02, 2004
 
www.perkins-observatory.org/2000.columns/1-30-2000
The Star of Stars
People often ask me why I love the stars so much, and I must confess the answer does not come easily. There is of course the pleasure of science, the technical knowledge of knowing how the sky works, where to look, and when to do it. However, the main joy of stargazing for me has always been aesthetic. The starry sky is beautiful beyond measure if you have eyes to see and a mind bent
on appreciating the splendor of the night.

No single star illustrates the simple but profound pleasure of astronomy than Sirius, the "Searing One,"...

groups.msn.com/MyBibleFacts
"A site to visit if
You love Bible Statistics
You enjoy Bible Lists or Bible Facts
You crave Bible Trivia
You relish Bible Oddities"
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.