Hello Cruel World
Sunday, January 25, 2004
 
Lotsa news about Mars. Ambivalent myself.
Recommend Kim Stanley Robinson's trilogy Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars. Apart from wonderful - fact-based - descriptions of the place, the story brings out a lot of the possible problems humans could bring to another "New World".
A very good 'hard' science fiction writer who does excellent character & story as well. There is just so much in these books, that I don't think I've got to all of it yet. I wonder how many of those 'classic' allusions I'm putting in myself?
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.