Hello Cruel World
Wednesday, August 06, 2003
 
Winter morning thoughts
Mars and Earth edge closer to their inevitable opposition. In the dawn light before sunrise the palest nameless pastel rainbow colours wash up the eastern sky and I creep downstairs and up to the letterboxes by the front fence for my daily paper. Turning back in this personal diurnal orbit, I look up through the peppercorn tree's thready leaves. By now, all stars are lost in depthless dusty-milky blue, but, some days wanly, others fiercely, Mars stares back brighter now than Venus. Each day I pray this is no omen.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.