Hello Cruel World
Tuesday, July 15, 2003
 
Harley Sorensen has a column at SFGate. Many good bits. In this one:
www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2003/06/30/hsorensen.DTL
he points to an interesting blogger: plubius.blogspot.com

Full Moon last night & tonight. In the clear cold sky of midwinter, its brilliance shines very strongly indeed. Despite the chill, I caught a ferry home & sat outside to watch it over the harbour. In the yard last night, most of the stars were washed out by it, except for the golden sparkle of Mars at opposition, but every leaf of grass seemed to lift itself separately above a black slice of shadow.
Such precious moments I hope to remember in years to come, like the September night Chris & I spent on a hired yacht we'd sailed onto Myall Lakes, rocking quietly in the starlight & listening on a rather crackly radio to the satellite broadcast of Princess Diana's funeral. cue Roy Batty: "All these memories ..."

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.