Hello Cruel World
Wednesday, March 12, 2003
 
Something so many of us have felt witnessing destruction around us
... even now, years afterward, I feel pain inside as I pass such sites in my daily life. No brain, no pain, they say. Is this the penalty for memory?

Killing an Oak Tree

A Gratuitous Death

by BRUCE JACKSON

CounterPunch
January 25, 2003

My neighbor is killing his oak tree. It's taking a long time.

He's not doing it himself. It's too big a job for him to do by himself, even if he knew how to do it, which he doesn't ...
It's all those trees, one by one, and all those lakes and rivers, one by one. One by one by one by one. Greed and bad taste and stupidity. One by one by one by one...


www.counterpunch.org/ jackson01252003.html
Bruce Jackson's email address is bjackson@buffalo.edu

This article is also found on the Buffalo Reporter (buffaloreport.com/ 030122tree.html), which also published some reactions to it.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Feedback by backBlog


 / . Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is hazel. I am what my mother calls unique. My interests are photography, reading, natural history/land use, town planning, sustainability.

This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, photography, reading, natural history, land use, town planning, sustainability.